Individuals of extraordinary ability (O visas)
The O-1 visa (Aliens of Extraordinary Ability) is for persons who can establish that they have risen to the very top of their field. O-1 visas are available for aliens of extraordinary ability in the arts, science, education or business, or athletics - for example, Architects, Designers, Photographers, Stylists, Actors, Dancers, Scientists, Business People, Restaurant Managers and Advertising Executives.
The type of evidence required for this visa includes:
- Awards of international or national significance for the Alien’s achievements
- Newspaper articles or other press by or about the Alien
- Testimonials by experts in the Alien’s field attesting to the Alien’s ability and recognition in the field
- High remuneration compared to others in the field
- Evidence of having performed a critical or lead role in/for organisations or establishments or productions that have a distinguished reputation
- Evidence the Alien will perform a lead or critical role in/for an organisation or establishment or production of distinguished reputation
- Contributions of major significance in the Alien’s field of expertise
- Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the Alien’s field.
For more information, contact Cammisa Markel.
This information is provided as a guide only. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is correct at the time of writing, please consult the relevant authorities to verify the accuracy of the information provided and contact a qualified immigration attorney for legal advice about your specific situation.