Kee Wong is an entrepreneur with a background and qualifications in Engineering, Information technology and Business.
Since 1999, Kee has started several businesses and has made investments across a number of industries which include technology, services, retail, food and beverage, trading and property.
Prior to being an entrepreneur, Kee practiced as an engineer after graduating from Monash University in 1985, Kee then joined a number of IT and management consulting firms and practiced as an IT/Management consultant for a number of years. Kee joined IBM (a global IT company) in 1994 as a senior executive running a part of its e‐business group in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia and New Zealand.
In 1999, Kee founded his first business, e‐Centric Innovations – an IT/Management consulting firm that is still operating successfully in Australia, Malaysia and Singapore, serving large multinational enterprises and governments.
Since then, Kee has started (and invested in) a number of other businesses and today continues to invest in startup as well as established businesses globally (Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, China and US – in Silicon Valley).
In addition to running and investing in businesses, Kee also sits on a number of Boards.
Kee is currently the Chairman of the Board of the Australian Information Industry association (AIIA), Deputy Chairman of Asialink, member of the Board of Directors of LaunchVic (a Victorian Government Innovation/Startup fund), the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO), the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and the Foundation Board of Monash University’s Faculty of Engineering & IT. Kee is also a
member of the Council of Victoria University.
Kee is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and Adjunct Professor of Engineering and IT at La Trobe University. Kee has a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.), a Graduate Diploma in Computing and an MBA. Kee was awarded a Fellow of Monash University in 2010 and Distinguished Alumni in 2014.
Kee’s experience can be summarised below:
- An entrepreneur;
- An experienced Board member across a number of industries;
- Has experience and well established connections in Asia (particularly China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia);
- A leader and advisor to the ICT industry in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and good working relationships with industries in UK, US, Canada and Vietnam;
- An advisor to universities linking industry and commerce with academia and R&D activities;
- An advisor and contributor to the Arts industry;
- Experienced professional in business, engineering and ICT for both global multinational companies (MNC) as well as Small Medium Enterprise (SME);
- Experienced in venture capital and private equity investment and providing corporate advisory services to startup and early stage companies.
Check out Kee on the panel "China’s Disruptive Business Models: What Can Australia Learn from the East?" at the 2016 Advance Global Australian Summit.