Marketing and Communications Officer
Job Location: Hong Kong
Advance is the leading network of global Australians and alumni worldwide; we connect global Australians to move the country forward. The many millions of Australians who have, do, or will live outside of the country represent an incredible, unique and largely untapped national resource. Our mission is to engage, connect and empower leading global Australians and Alumni; to reinvest new skills, talents and opportunities into Australia.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will have the opportunity and responsibility to build the connectivity of Advance members, grow the Advance membership and share the story of the organisation.
Reporting to the Manager of Online Engagement, with support from the Asia Director, the Marketing and Communications Officer serves as an integral part of the Advance team. This position is responsible for communicating with and engaging our community of 50,000 worldwide, and assisting with strategic growth. Primary communication with the membership base will be through the website, social media, e-blasts and occasionally face to face events.
The successful candidate will cultivate existing relationships with members as well as forge new relationships to build Advance’s visibility and membership base. The Marketing and Communications Officer will also design and implement a comprehensive communications plan for developing and servicing key sponsors and members in the Advance organisation.
As well as general marketing and communications activities for Advance, the role will also provide support for Advance major programs, including, but not limited to, the Advance Global Australian Awards and Propel.
The three objectives of the role include:
- Member engagement
- Membership growth
- Development of a strategic communications strategy to achieve the above
- Provide pragmatic and strategic advice and direction on member and stakeholder communication across projects, including Born Global, social media, e-blasts, Advance website and Australian media.
- Develop and implement content for communicating Advance’s services and programs across all platforms.
- Build out a holistic communications and social media strategy for Advance globally to increase awareness and understanding of Advance and foster strong connections with current and new members.
- Oversee all stakeholder communications including Government relations, media and key partners of Advance globally.
- Build relationships with relevant media and content providers, and work with Advance partners, to expand awareness of Advance through content sharing, especially in Asia.
- Develop and implement content for communicating Advance’s services and programs across all platforms, including Chinese and other Asian language platforms, and as a diaspora thought leader.
- Day to day maintenance of Advance social media interactions across multiple platforms, including Chinese language platforms.
- Source and conduct interviews with Australians and friends of Advance for the Born Global series and support Monthly Global Newsletter.
- Support the Propel and Advance Global Australian Awards programs with communications and social media strategies.
- Upload content to the Advance website.
- Create and drive member engagement activities.
- Ensure relevant interactions are tracked in Salesforce and maintain the integrity of the database.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in marketing, communication, business or a related field.
- At least three years of relevant industry experience.
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills with stakeholders from a range of backgrounds.
- Familiarity with MailChimp or similar newsletter systems and Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Firm grasp of global tools and platforms in the social media space, including WeChat, YouKu, Weibo and other Chinese language platforms.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Motivation and flexibility needed to work with a small, international team in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
- An understanding of and affinity with Australian culture.
- Bilingual: English and Chinese (Mandarin) (preferred but not essential).
- Previous experience and/or existing relationships with global, Australian and Asia media highly regarded.
The individual must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the role, and must also demonstrate the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and geographically disparate team.
To apply, contact us with CV and cover letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Friday the 25th of May.