Database and Website Manager
Great job opportunity in NYC with an innovative global non profit with a great purpose.
Join our crew of curious, smart, globally diverse change makers.
Make connections that few jobs can provide, from rocket scientists to social entrepreneurs to C suite executives.
Grow a global community of Australia’s best and brightest that is fun, engaged and aims to move Australia forward.
Advance is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Database and Website Manager to join our dynamic global team. You will own the structure of the database, with an eye to streamlining processes and creating solutions. You will be responsible for all live database systems in the organisation, primarily creating and improving all processes related to Salesforce. The position entails maintaining a healthy living database as well as managing data queries, exports and reports, managing segmentation of the database, and the provision of metrics, reports and analysis of member data when needed. Another key element of the role is the maintenance of company websites (minimal HTML required).
- Take ownership of Advance’s Salesforce.com database and integrated software.
- Clean the existing Advance database and ensure information is accurate and up to date.
- Process new member applications from around the globe and ensure the information is correctly recorded in all Advance systems.
- Develop and implement strategies for driving and hitting membership growth targets in geographic regions in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Continue to build the database, researching target members in specified regions and uploading new member details to Salesforce.
- Ensure that all data collected by different areas of the organisation for input is compatible with the database.
- Monitor the database and suggest improvements and ways to solve issues that arise with automated data hygiene.
- Evaluate and recommend new features and applications to ensure maximum use of database features.
- Work with third party organisations to understand our community as a whole ie including social media fans/followers and develop ways to drive growth and cater to them.
- Develop, build and distribute annual member survey.
- Provide training, ongoing support and troubleshooting for staff; develop and maintain database user policy and procedural guidelines.
- Support program managers with strategies for capturing data.
- Support the Advance Awards by building forms to collect nominations and mentoring program applications, ensuring all the information is in the database and available.
- Process monthly member number reports, six month Government reports and other reports as needed.
- Assist with the development and management of guest lists and Eventbrite/Salesforce integration for one major annual event, as well as smaller events as needed.
- Set up and distribute notifications and newsletters to our community using MailChimp.
- Take ownership of advance.org and program websites (built using Squarespace).
- Audit pages on the website to ensure content is current and accurate.
- Proactively upload content to the website including but not limited to blog posts, program information and events.
- Own the architecture of the website and make recommendations for updates.
- Identify areas for improvement on the website.
- Maintain program-specific websites and cross-post content when necessary.
- Experience using database systems.
- Strong analytical skills and a knack for creatively solving problems.
- Exceptional organisational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically and manage competing demands.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to be self-driven and work independently whilst also being a team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with a global team across time zones preferred.
- Knowledge, experience or certification with Salesforce and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Working knowledge of Squarespace, as well as Typeform, MailChimp, Zapier and other Salesforce-integrated tools and applications a plus.
- Familiarity with Australia and Australian culture a plus.
- Must have authorisation to work in the United States.
Advance is the leading network of global Australians and alumni worldwide; we connect global Australians to move the country forward. The many millions of Australians who have, do, or will live outside of the country represent an incredible, unique and largely untapped national resource. Our mission is to engage, connect and empower leading global Australians and Alumni; to reinvest new skills, talents and opportunities into Australia.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV that includes a cover letter, package requirements and a statement addressing reasons for your interest and suitability for the position. Please send your application to email@example.com by Friday the 13th of July.