This one-day Finance for Directors course provides new International Directors, senior executives and managers with the basic skills required to interpret and assess three main types of financial statements – balance sheet, income and cash flow (profit and loss) – to identify information required to drive board decisions.
The course explains and assesses company financials through the eyes of the International Director and outlines the key responsibilities of a director in monitoring the accuracy and integrity of the organisation’s financial accounting systems. It provides a straight-forward introduction to financial statements and a guide to the financial performance of a company from a director’s perspective.
Finance for International Directors is comprised of:
- Introduction to Financial Statements for International Directors
- Assessing Financial Performance for International Directors
You may also have the option to undertake the other one-day programs which form part of the International Foundations of Directorship program:
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for both those looking for a comprehensive introduction to the key areas of international directorship as well as those seeking to refresh their existing governance knowledge.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the three types of financial statements: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement
- Outline the director’s role in evaluating financial statements
- Discuss the financial and non-financial indicators of organisational performance
- Ensure financial statements accurately reflect the organisation’s financial position
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining the accuracy and integrity of your organisation’s accounts
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session.
Assessment and Certificate
You have the opportunity to achieve the International Foundations Directorship Certificate. To do so, you will need to successfully complete and pass the assessment. Find out more about how you will be assessed.
In-House Delivery Option
Finance for International Directors is also offered through our In-House service.
One full day (7 hours).
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.
Click here for more information and to register