This one-day Strategy and Risk course for International Directors provides new directors, senior executives and managers with the basic skills required to assist with identifying, formulating and monitoring an organisation's strategy; the link between strategy and financial performance; and how to measure strategy and risk against an organisation's objectives.
It also provides an overview of the role and responsibilities of strategy development and risk assessment for directors and the board. Aspects include risk avoidance, risk culture and risk appetite.
Strategy and Risk for International Directors is comprised of:
- Introduction to the Strategic Role of the International Director
- Risk: Issues for International Directors
This course forms part of the International Foundations of Directorship Program. The other courses in this program are Governance for International Directors and Finance for International Directors. These courses can also be taken as standalone one-day courses or you can complete each of the courses over three consecutive days.
A discounted rate applies for attendees who wish to enrol in all three modules.
For more information contact International Program Executive Rachel Hogan.
Click here for more information and to register.
Who should attend?
This program is suitable for both those looking for a comprehensive introduction to the key areas of international directorship as well as those seeking to refresh their existing governance knowledge.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the link between corporate strategy and financial performance
- Identify the director’s role in formulating and monitoring strategy
- Establish key strategic planning frameworks
- Identify the director’s role in identifying and assessing risk
- Outline what risk is, its impact on directors as individuals and the organisation as a whole
- Discuss risk avoidance, risk culture and the different levels of risk appetite
Mode of study
Interactive facilitated session.
Assessment and Certificate
You have the opportunity to achieve the International Foundations Directorship Certificate. To do so, you will need to successfully complete and pass the assessment. Find out more about how you will be assessed.
In-House Delivery Option
Strategy and Risk for International Directors is also offered through our In-House service.
One full day (7 hours).
For more information contact a Member Relations Executive.
Please ensure you have read and understood the Cancellation Policy.