THE CHARM OF NORTHERN FRANCE AND THE NEW WING OF LE LOUVRE MUSEUM IN LENS
- Departure by TGV train from Paris at 09:52 am and arrival in Lens at 11:00 am. Discovery tour of the city followed by a lunch in the city centre.
- In the afternoon, we visit the Louvre-Lens Museum. Its gallery offers a permanent exhibition with more than 200 masterpieces, as well as a temporary one.
A guide will explain the history of the centre of Lens including the reconstruction of the city after World War I and its rich Art Deco heritage.
- La Métairie, a charming 3 stars hotel, welcomes you in its calm beautifully renovated rooms. Dinner at the gourmet restaurant Robert II.
- Discovery tour of the city of Arras: Heroes' Square, the Gothic Bell Tower and the exhibition « Roulez Carrosses». The first French exhibition dedicated to horse-drawn vehicles: royal and imperial carriages on loan from the Palace of Versailles.
- This will be followed by a visit of the Boves, a maze of underground tunnels dug in the tenth century, which served as a gathering place for Allied troops in 1917.
- Beer and cheese tasting in the Boves, before a lunch at a typical restaurant.
- After the lunch, the Art Deco swimming pool in Roubaix, will surprise you with its collections, and we will finish the day with a cup of tea at the famous pastry shop MEERT in Lille.
- Return from Lille by TGV train at 07:13 pm and arrival in Paris at 08:14 pm.
Our offer includes:
- 1 night with breakfast
- The meals in the restaurants mentioned
- Bus transportations during the stay and guided tours
- Return train fares
Price: € 450 per person based on double standard room.
Supplement for single room: 55€. Total: 450 + 55 = 505€
This program can be tailor-made for groups at any date.
To book or for more information contact:
Catherine Pascaud (Catherine@servitours.fr )
using your ADV code or call +33 6 84 76 69 10
Tue, July 9, 2013
1:01 p.m. - 3:01 p.m.