The third Creative Innovation Asia Pacific 2012 Global event (Ci2012) is set to bring the who’s who of global thinkers and innovators to Melbourne on 28-30 November 2012.
The theme of the conference, “Wicked Problems, Great Opportunities – Leadership and Courage for Volatile Times”, will centre around fresh ideas and new ways of thinking to tackle 'wicked' problems.
Ci2012 will feature over 40 Australian and international keynote speakers, leaders, artists and thinkers and highlight opportunities and global megatrends that affect business and society throughout the Asia Pacific and the rest of the world.
Creative Universe founder and Ci2012 producer, Tania de Jong AM says the event will provide insights and techniques for unlocking personal and organisational creativity. Delegates will learn techniques and strategies, share ideas and gain empowering experiences to give them the opportunity to expand creative understanding and leverage their often hidden “right-brained” creative capabilities.
“Ci2012 will showcase the world’s best practice solutions and ideas for the development of sustainable and innovative futures for community, business and government and bring together leaders and emerging talent to discover cross-disciplinary solutions to make a difference in your life, organisation and community.
"This year we are offering ten scholarship places to Ci2012 for emerging leaders from any sector and for the first time we will be presenting our findings and solutions to the Australian Government for their consideration and comment,” she says.
Creative Innovation Asia Pacific 2012 encourages all sectors to be involved. Leaders, emerging talent, change-makers, activists, influencers, innovators, provocateurs, advisers, CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners and executives are all encouraged to attend to create a super-regional, global perspective, and to ultimately make a difference.
Ci2012 combines the talents of world-class leaders, artists, thinkers and innovators, including:
• Google’s Chief Technology Advocate, Michael T Jones (USA)
• Scientist, writer, broadcaster and Member of the House of Lords, Baroness Susan Adele Greenfield (UK)
• NESTA Chief Executive Geoff Mulgan (UK)
• Mao’s Last Dancer Li Cunxin
• Author of The Master and his Emissary: The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World Dr Ian McGilchrist (UK)• CSIRO CEO Dr Megan Clark
• Anthropologist and National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence, Wade Davis (USA); Innosight Asia-Pacific’s disruptive innovation expert Scott Anthony (Singapore)
• McKinsey and Company Managing Partner, Michael Rennie• Stem cell biology and regenerative medicine leader, Professor Nadia Rosenthal (UK)
• Reos Partners systems thinker Adam Kahane (Canada)
• Author of Good Strategy, Bad Strategy Richard Rumelt (USA)
• Global futurist and Author of Communicating with the Future Thomas Frey (USA)
• Society for Knowledge Economics President and Non-Executive Director at Telstra and Medibank, Steve Vamos
• Economics expert and author of Reframe: How to solve the world’s trickiest problems, Eric Knight
• CSIRO Chief Executive, Dr Megan Clark
• Serial Entrepreneur and founder and CEO of Kogan.com.au, Ruslan Kogan and many more.Ci2012 Conference Ambassadors are Hugh Morgan AC, Professor Allan Fels AO and Sir Gus Nossal AC.
For more information, or to register your interest, visit: www.creativeinnovationglobal.com.au/
Where: Sofitel Melbourne on Collins, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000
When: 28-30 November 2012
About Creative Innovation Asia Pacific
Creative Innovation Asia Pacific 2012 (Ci2012) is the brain child of Tania de Jong AM, a leading Australian soprano, thought-leader, speaker, 2006 Australian Social Entrepreneur of the Year and founder of Creativity Australia and Creative Universe.
Currently in its third year, Creative Universe is inspired by thought platforms such as TED (www.ted.com) to bring together the world’s most fascinating thinkers and leaders. Its specific focus is leadership, innovation, education, technology and science.
Ci2012 will feature Master Classes, Deep Conversations, two action-packed Conference days, events and social networking opportunities.