Advance and KPMG Australia formed a strategic alliance to help fast track Australian entrepreneurs and enable growth and productivity for globally competitive industries through elevate61. The program provided participants with facilitated access to an established network of successful Australian and US-based entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and global corporations.Our vision was to help shape and empower Australia's entrepreneurial eco-system, leading to high value job creation and corporate and social growth for Australia.
Meet the companies who participated in the 2016 elevate61 Program:
- Accodex - Accodex is a scalable back-office service solution for freelance professionals. Based in Adelaide.
- Artis Group - Artis develops critical business applications for leading enterprise and government organisations, with expertise in incident and emergency management, financial services, defence, education and agribusiness. Headquartered in Sydney.
- Cover Genius - Cover Genius are global distributors of insurance products for online businesses. Cover Genius' first brand to launch was RentalCover.com which sells insurance for car rentals from its own site and also through the largest online travel agents globally. Headquartered in Sydney.
- Gymsales - Gymsales is a sales CRM for the fitness industry. Based in Melbourne.
- Inkling Women - Inkling Women is a training provider specilising in gender diversity, offering in-person and online programs that significantly lift the percentage of women at leadership level. Headquartered in Adelaide.
- Newbook - Newbook is a cloud-based online property management system for the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Omnivore - Omnivore/City Beach Software is an ecommerce platform that specialises in helping retailers list and sell their products across multiple marketplaces. Headquartered in Sydney.
- Rapporr - Rapporr is a private messaging platform that offers more contextual and expedient communication for teams on the move. Headquartered in Sydney.
- Sendle - Sendle unlocks the power of big business delivery networks for small business and consumers to make it as easy to send a parcel as it is to send a text. Headquartered in Sydney.
- Studylane - Studylane operates a disruptive technology platform for international student recruitment. Headquartered in Sydney.
- VoiceId - VoiceId designs, integrates and supports solutions to enable process optimisation through the integration of voice recognition technology. Headquartered in Melbourne.
The 2016 elevate61 program began with three consecutive days of intensive workshops facilitated by an US-based team of experts that have many years experience successfully launching companies in the US, building networks, generating revenue and raising capital. Key themes for the workshop included:
- Establishing your business in the US
- Developing a winning value proposition and pitch
- Enterprise selling: Who | What | How
- Building valuable networks
- Developing a structured path to fund raising
A key component of the elevate61 Program is matching our participants with advisors. Our advisors are successful entrepreneurs from the global Advance community and KPMG Australia’s networks with US experience across a broad range of industries. Meet them here.
One month after the workshops, we headed to the US for 10 days. The objectives for the trip were as follows:
- Increase participants understanding of the US funding landscape
- Develop participant's ability to approach and sell to enterprise buyers
- Build networks of potential advisors, clients and investors
Participants spent time in the entrepreneurial hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York listening and interacting with a range of speakers.
Meet the speakers from the 2016 elevate61 Program:
Upon returning to Australia, participants had the opportunity to share their experiences with fellow entrepreneurs as well as potential clients and investors through events in Sydney and Adelaide.