Advance and KPMG Australia formed a strategic alliance to help fast track Australian entrepreneurs and enable growth and productivity for globally competitive industries through elevate61. The program provided participants with facilitated access to an established network of successful Australian and US-based entrepreneurs, investors, advisors and global corporations.Our vision was to help shape and empower Australia's entrepreneurial eco-system, leading to high value job creation and corporate and social growth for Australia.
Meet the companies who participated in the 2015 elevate61 Program:
- simPRO - simPRO designs, develops, sells, trains, and supports our own operational based ERP software for field service and contracting businesses.
- Five Faces - Five Faces provides connected experiences to Retail, Health and Corporate businesses.
- SEQTA - We make a real, lasting and equitable change to the quality of teaching in schools by saving teachers time, reducing administrative workloads and enhancing the way they communicate with their students and their parents.
- PicNet - PicNet produces PredictBench, a predictive analytics solution that enterprises use to improve decision-making, risk assessment and business potential based on historical data. It combines machine learning, statistical modelling and big data technologies.
- mytraining.net - mytraining.net is based on an aggregation model for leading training suppliers and their courses into the one cloud based reservations engine servicing corporate, enterprise and government clients across Australia.
- Mandalay - We provide software solutions for waste management operators and government.
- Commit.Works - Commit.Works makes easy to use software for planning, managing and executing frontline work. We help you get everyone committed to working safely and productively on the same page. Our products, Fewzion and Visual Ops are helping teams deliver outstanding production, cost and safety results in complex workplaces around the globe.
- Everperform - equips organisations with real-time performance insights and recommendations that produce effective, informed leaders.
- AUUG - AUUG creates devices that allow people to interact more intuitively and effectively with computers through natural motion and touch; with applications in music, gaming, and design.
The 2015 elevate61 program began with three consecutive days of intensive workshops facilitated by an US-based team of experts that have many years experience successfully launching companies in the US, building networks, generating revenue and raising capital. Key themes for the workshop included:
- Establishing your business in the US
- Developing a winning value proposition and pitch
- Enterprise selling: Who | What | How
- Building valuable networks
- Developing a structured path to fund raising
A key component of the elevate61 Program is matching our participants with advisors. Our advisors are successful entrepreneurs from the global Advance community and KPMG Australia’s networks with US experience across a broad range of industries. Meet them here.
We also had a number of established entrepreneurs and key figures from the Australian start-up eco-system participate in the workshops. They gave feedback on value propositions and pitching, they shared their insights and learnings with regards to establishing a business in the US. The list included:
- Wayne Gerard, Co-Founder and CEO at Red Eye
- Adrian Stone, Founder of Angel Cube
- Rob Rattray, Non-Executive Director
- Derek Youdale, (Former) CTO of ANZ
- Topaz Conway, Entrepreneur and Angel Investor
- Kim Heras, Partner 25Fifteen
One month after the workshops, we headed to the US for 10 days. The objectives for the trip were as follows:
- Increase participants understanding of the US funding landscape
- Develop participant's ability to approach and sell to enterprise buyers
- Build networks of potential advisors, clients and investors
Participants spent time in the entrepreneurial hubs of Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York listening and interacting with a range of speakers.
Meet the speakers from the 2015 elevate61 Program:
Upon returning to Australia, participants then had the opportunity to share their experiences with fellow entrepreneurs as well as potential clients and investors through a series of roundtable events at KPMG offices.
Check out the wrap up video from the 2015 US Tour: