Attend ASEAN Australia Education Dialogue, March 2018
The ASEAN Australia Education Dialogue (AAED) held March 21st - March 23rd in Penang, Malaysia will involve key education and training stakeholders and thought leaders from ASEAN and Australia. It reflects the ASEAN-Australian commitment to a long-term education partnership informed by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 2030 and Australia’s National Strategy for International Education 2025.
The Dialogue will strengthen the current links between Australia and ASEAN across key education sectors to build a broader ASEAN-Australia regional and global engagement. It will result in policy initiatives and partnerships between a range of ASEAN and Australian education organisations.
The AAED is expected to attract some 400 delegates with cohorts from each of the ASEAN member states and from Australia thus providing an opportunity to meet and connect in a communal environment.
The Dialogue brings together leading regional and Australian Education and Training practitioners and providers with equal numbers from the 10 ASEAN member countries and Australia. It takes place directly after the ASEAN Australia Leaders Summit, 2018in Sydney, Australia and immediately before the APAIE Conference in Singapore.
The Dialogue is workshop based, focusing on key themes impacting on the ASEAN Australian education relationship. The workshops aim to create a conversation with the delegates on the key issues impacting each theme, the challenges and opportunities raised within each session. The Dialogue will align to the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 2030) with a particular focus on Goal 4 Education.
Eight Education Themes linking ASEAN and Australia will be addressed:
- Strengthening Relationships Between Educational Institutions and Students Across the Region
- Building English Language Competency; English as the Official Language of ASEAN
- Strategies for Improving the Teaching of STEM
- Improving Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Building Partnerships with Business and Industry
- Strategies for Building the Quality of Transnational Education Delivery
- Strengthening Alumni Relations and Opportunities for Student Mobility
- Strengthening Women’s Leadership Role in ASEAN and Australian Education
- Harnessing Digital Technology for Quality Education
The three day programme will be held in Penang, Malaysia at the Equatorial Hotel Penang. It includes a Welcome Reception on Wednesday March 21st and a Celebratory Dinner on Thursday March 22nd 2018.